Tara Finney Productions is on the hunt for a part-time freelance Audience Development Officer for our upcoming production of Burkas and Bacon Butties, playing at Park Theatre (London).
Burkas and Bacon Butties by Shamia Chalabi and Sarah Henley is a heart-warming comedy that gently explores the clashes, compromises and ultimately the comedy that comes with living in a mixed-culture family in contemporary Britain. Set in Wigan, the play centres on a Father-Daughter relationship between Egyptian-Muslim taxi driver Ashraf and Shazia, his half Egyptian, half Wigan daughter, and their wider family. Following a sell-out run at VAULT Festival in 2018, Burkas and Bacon Butties will transer to Park Theatre.
Tara Finney Productions seeks an Audience Development Officer to work alongside the TFP Production team and Park Theatre in a multi-faceted role aiming to reach and build on new audiences. We are very open to conversations and ideas about how this role can best be delivered, and know this will include work online as well as within Muslim, Arabic and mixed heritage communities surrounding Finsbury Park and the wider London area to build relationships with groups and individuals, identifying wants and needs related to arts/theatre engagement and facilitating activities to address these, as well as generally acting as an ambassador for TFP and Park Theatre.
We seek and encourage applications from people of Muslim, Arabic and mixed heritage backgrounds. Previous experience in theatre or the arts is not essential for this role.
Candidates will have:
- Experience in a public or people facing role
- A strong sense of community
- Experience of engagement with and/or participation in non-arts community groups
- A genuine enthusiasm for theatre and the arts
- Experience in contacting businesses and events
- IT literacy with experience of email and web work
Candidates should have:
- An understanding of using social media to reach and engage with specific groups
- Project planning experience and skills
- Experience of working within project budgets
- Great confidence in engaging with a range of groups and leaders
Candidates may have:
- An active or every day role already within an Arabic, Muslim and/or mixed heritage community group/setting
- Specific experience of working with marginalised or hard to reach groups of people
- Experience of leading discussion groups
- Experience in evaluating/writing reports
- Experience of using and interpreting data
The production dates at Park Theatre are currently subject to change due to the ongoing situation regarding Covid-19. We anticipate this role to run on a part-time, flexi-hours basis. The way we hope to continue our work on this project during this uncertain time period will be discussed with candidates who are invited to interview. Additionally, acknowledging that the right person might have another freelance role, or caring responsibilities, we are flexible as to how these days are scheduled, in a way that works for the company and for the new team member.